Thursday, October 9, 2014

Water Study

This morning was a rough start kinda morning. For no reason other than my body didn't agree with me that I should get up. In fact, I don't know what part of me was suggesting that should I get up because every part of me that I can think of was definitely not in favour of the idea.

So I took a walk... Didn't help.
Drank some coffee... getting a little better.
Multiple cups of water... not as effective as you might think.

However I decided to proceed with life anyway. With any kind of reading out of the question it was time to do a paint study.

A couple of days ago we trundled down to lake Hartwell for a baptism. The water level is lower than normal and so its steeper grade was replaced by a fairly shallow grade that resulted in some really awesome colours coming to life in the water. Where the transition from the shallow orange/yellows of the lake to the deeper green/blues normally happen fairly quickly, we were able to see a drawn out gradient.

So obviously my mind got to racing about what kinda paintings I could compose down there. And hopefully I can get the time to go down there soon to take some serious studies, but for now I decided to just play with the idea.




1 Comment So Far:

Powered by Blogger.