Thursday, September 18, 2014

Current Project

So recently I have been given a bunch of time due to a giant gap in another project that I don't have any control over.
I have been wanting to make a series of paintings based in and around Clemson, SC, where I live,
with a focus on people and culture. In my head these illustrations are taking a note (strong note) from Norman Rockwell and a bunch of the Golden Age illustrators. I figure it my chance to learn from some greats, enjoy myself, and hopefully get to make a little money from it in the long run.

If you guys have any great ideas of things that I should paint please leave a message down below. I have a whole bunch in the works but here is the first one.



An obscure pair of statues on campus near downtown that every time I pass them I get this image in my head of this little girl and boy posing on them. The girl playing off the left statues playful grin and the boy acknowledging Americas' heavy respect of the military (That was a culture shock when I first got here for sure).

I can't wait to show you guys some more.
cheers,
Justin

1 Comment So Far:

  1. Justin this is awesome! Love the way you brought the statues to life through the use of the playful kids and dog. Would love to see something similar with the tigers at the memorial park next to the stadium. Excited to see more of these works around Clemson!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.