Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Painting ;)

Today I had a visit to the Optometrist.
It turns out my vision is great, but they dilated my pupils to roughly the size of a classy dinner plate. you know, the china ones.
I immediately became a vampire, Dodging rays of sunlight and thirsting. Non necessarily for blood, but my eyes certainly felt dehydrated.
Needless to say when I got back home the last thing I wanted to do was stare at a screen.
In fact, regardless of my desires, these moon sized peepers could not read the time on my watch let alone deal with intricate details.

So I began on a painting (where I could step back and slowly work Large mass into smaller details as my eyes saw fit)


His name is Dain. A fella I met a couple of months back as I was doing a colour study for his portrait. 

(some details were... yet to be revealed. and some poses worked a little better than others)


And as it turns out, My time in water colours has definitely helped to broaden the way I think about, and achieve my paintings. 

I'm looking forward to see how this piece progresses. 
I can now see again. 
No longer vampiric. 
Still thirsting.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.